Stir-Fried Sweet Pork Belly Slices 甜五花肉
Simple and tasty home-cooked pork belly
Today happened to be the anniversary of one of our ancestors and we offered prayers to her. We prepared the usual offerings of boiled chicken, boiled pork belly and boiled eggs. The boiled chicken and eggs will be eaten pretty fast but the boiled pork belly is always left untouched in the refrigerator. To make it more appetising, we fried it with sauces and sugar. I don't know whether anybody else cook it this way but I have been eating this since I was a kid. My mother used to cook it this way and sometimes she added leftover boiled chicken to fry them together with the pork slices. Sometimes, simple food can be very tasty, especially when it is cooked from the heart!
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
3 tsp sugar
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 Chinese rice bowl water
2 tbsp cooking oil
Cut the boiled pork belly into slices
2. Mix the sugar and sauces together in the bowl of water
3. Heat a wok until very hot. Add in 2 tbsp cooking oil
4. Add in the minced garlic and stir-fry until light brown and fragrant
5. Add in the pork belly slices and fry for 2 to 3 minutes
6. Add in the sauce solution and let it simmer until it is dry and only oil is left together with the pork.
7. Switch off the flame and dish up.
This is sweet and fragrant, tastes as good as char siew