Baked Banana Puffs 香蕉卷
10 sheets of spring roll pastry (popiah skin)
melted butter for brushing
Spring roll pastry (popiah skin)
20g grated coconut
60g walnuts, chopped
60g brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
Mix all the ingredients together gently so as not to break the banana slices. Divide the filling into 5 portions.
A cross-section of the banana puff
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes
2. Place one piece of popiah skin on a flat surface or table top. Brush it with melted butter. Place another piece of popiah skin over this.
3. Place one portion of banana filling in the centre of popiah skin and wrap it up like a parcel
4. Place the wrapped banana parcel on a greased baking tray
5. Repeat the process until all the bananas fillings and popiah skins are used up.
6. Brush the wrapped banana parcels with butter
7. Place the baking tray into the oven and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown