Crunchy Cabbage Stir-Fried With Pork Slices 包菜炒猪肉
Crunchy cabbage and succulent pork slices
150g pork (cut into thin slices)
4 tbsp cooking oil for stir-frying the cabbage
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
Cabbage cut into strips
Marinade For The Pork Slices
1 tsp Hsao Hsing wine
2 tsp cornflour
In a bowl, add wine to the pork and mix well. Then add cornflour and mix thoroughly.
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
In a large bowl dissolve the ingredients with 1 1/2 Chinese rice bowls of water.
2) Pour the cabbage into the wok and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes until the cabbage is no longer raw. Dish up and set aside. Wash the wok.
3) In a clean wok, heat 2 tbsp of cooking oil and saute the minced garlic till light brown and fragrant.
4) Over high heat, add in the sauce ingredients and bring it to the boil.
5) Stir in the pork slices into the boiling sauce solution and let it simmer for 3 minutes.
6) Stir in the precooked cabbage and let it cook for another minute.
7) Dish up and serve.
Note: Cabbage cooked this way will remain crunchy.