Hot & Spicy Potato Wedges With Anchovies 辣马铃薯江鱼仔
Hot & spicy potato wedges with anchovies
This dish can be eaten together with rice. As a snack, it goes very well with cold beer.
50g dried anchovies
40g dried shrimps, soaked in water, drained and coarsely chopped
500ml oil for deep-frying
1 tbsp sugar
a pinch of salt
7 shallots, finely chopped
4 pips garlic, finely chopped
100g chili paste
Top : a packet of chili paste
Bottom left : anchovies. Middle : dried shrimps. Right : garlic and shallots
Deep-fried potato wedges
1. Heat oil in a wok and deep-fry the potato wedges until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
2. In the remaining oil, deep-fry the anchovies until golden brown and crispy. Drain on paper towel.
3. Remove the remaining oil leaving only 3 tbsp oil in the wok. Saute the chopped shallots and garlic until fragrant. Add in the chili paste and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
4. Add in the chopped dried shrimps and fry further for about 3 minutes. Reduce fire to low and continue frying the paste for a further 5 to 6 minutes until very fragrant.
5. Add in a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp of sugar.
6. Add in the deep-fried potato wedges and deep-fried anchovies to the paste and mix until well blended with the spice paste.
7. Dish up and serve.