Stewed Chicken Feet With Mushrooms 冬菇焖鸡脚
Wow! Looks great !
This is a great dish which I learnt from my son's babysitter. My son has stopped going to his babysitter's house on a daily basis ever since he started secondary school. That was three years ago. Until today, YS is still very attached to her. Two weeks ago, he requested that I learn to cook his favourite dish from her. So I visited his babysitter, who happen to be my sister-in-law and learnt how to cook it the way YS likes it.
The end result was great. It was delicious but yet I have to concede defeat because YS said his aunt's cooking is better!
6 pieces dried mushroom ( soaked in water until soft and have the stems removed )
40g black fungus ( soaked in water until soft and cut into bite-sized pieces )
1 carrot ( sliced into pieces )
1 bulb whole garlic
1000 ml water
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp dark soya sauce
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
Cornflour Solution2 tsp cornflour
2 tbsp water
Mix the cornflour and water together in a bowl
2. Add in the bulb of garlic, chicken feet, mushrooms and black fungus.
3. Add in the oyster sauce and dark soya sauce
4. Cover the pot with a lid and let it boil again. Reduce to slow fire and let it simmer for about 2 hours or until the chicken feet are soft and tender. ( You can cook for a longer period if you prefer the chicken feet softer still but make sure to add in more water )
5. Add in the carrot slices and boil for another 15 minutes.
6. Add in the salt, sugar and cornflour solution. Stir to mix thoroughly
7. Switch off the flame and dish up.