Cherry Tomato Salad With Mozzarella Cheese 蕃茄芝士沙律
Recipe Source : Adapted from Lisa Magazine
These pretty little morsels were assembled by my teenaged son, YS. I was surprised when YS walked into the kitchen and announced that he wanted to help by cutting some vegetables. One thing led to another and he ended up cutting and assembling this salad. I would say his fingers are more nimble than mine which are comparatively stiffer due to ageing. Top marks to YS as I sincerely think he has done a good job for someone who has never lifted a finger to help in the kitchen!
YS gave his thumbs up to this salad !
8 cherry tomatoes
1 piece Mozzarella cheese
8 thin cucumber slices
1 tbsp lime juice ( from 2 small limes )
1 tsp castor sugar
1 tsp olive oil
a pinch of black pepper
Cheese, cherry tomatoes and limes
1. Rinse the cherry tomatoes and remove the stems.
2. Dab with paper towels to dry the cherry tomatoes.
3. Cut a slit in the middle of the cherry tomatoes.
4. Cut the cheese into 8 triangular pieces.
5. Put one piece each of cheese and cucumber into the slits of the cherry tomatoes.
6. Mix the sauce ingredients and pour the sauce over the assembled cherry tomatoes.
7. Ready to serve.
I am submitting his post to Mui Mui of My Little Favourite DIY
who is hosting the event for March 2013 under Little Thumbs Up.
The theme for March is "tomato"