Steamed Wolfberries With Mutton 纪子蒸羊肉
This dish is believed to nourish the blood and thus warms the body. An elderly lady who is knowledgeable in traditional cures taught us this simple recipe. It is highly recommended for those who still feel cold despite all togged up in winter wear.
350g mutton (minced)
2 slices ginger, shredded
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 tsp salt
5g wolfberries (kei chi in Cantonese)
1. Place the minced mutton into a plate.
2. In a bowl use 2 tbsp of water to dissolve the salt before mixing into the mutton. Mix well to ensure even distribution. Add the sesame oil and mix thoroughly.
3. Rinse the wolfberries and sprinkle them on top of the minced mutton.
4. Sprinkle the shredded ginger on top of the minced mutton.
5. Place the whole plate into a steamer and steam for 15 minutes. (You can read up my previous post on the technique of steaming)
6. Serve hot.
Delicious and nutritious