Glass Noodle Soup With Dried Scallops, Minced Pork & Cherry Tomatoes 粉丝肉碎蕃茄汤
Recipe Source : Adapted from Lisa Magazine
I have earmarked this recipe for a long, long time but I just got round to trying it out today. I was flipping through my collection of cookbooks, magazines and newspaper cuttings looking for something nice to cook, a dish that uses tomatoes as I wanted to participate in Little Thumbs Up . Their theme for March is "tomato". I guess this dish would be perfect for March as it uses cherry tomatoes.
SK, YS and I, gave the thumbs up to this glass noodle soup!
Ingredients50g dried scallops (soak and shred)
120g glass noodle (soak till soft, drain and set aside)
200g minced pork
1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
1200 ml of chicken stock
120 g cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp cooking oil
Marinade For Minced Pork
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp oil
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tbsp water
Marinate the minced pork with the above marinade ingredients for 15 minutes.
Halved cherry tomatoes
1. Soak the dried scallops until soft. Shred into thin pieces. Set aside.
2. Soak the glass noodles until soft. Drain dry and set aside.
3. Wash the cherry tomatoes. Remove the stems and cut them into halves.
4. Cut the ginger into thin slices.
5. Marinate the minced pork with the marinade ingredients for 15 minutes. Set aside.
6. Heat 1 tbsp cooking oil in a wok. Saute the ginger slices and add in the marinated minced pork.
7. Stir-fry the minced pork until it is broken up and its colour turn whitish.
8. Add in the stock and bring to the boil.
9. Add in the glass noodles and cherry tomatoes.
10. Once it boils again, switch off the flame.
11. Serve immediately.
This event is linked to Little Thumbs Up
The theme for the month of March is "tomato" and the host for March is Mui Mui of My Little Favourite DIY