Pork Ribs and Chinese Cabbage Soup 排骨白菜汤
The soup may look ordinary but it is extremely sweet
300g pork ribs
30g dried oyster
50g dried conch (soak for 2 hours before use)
350g Chinese cabbage
2 litres of water
2 tsp salt
Top: Two pieces of dried conch; Bottom: Dried oysters
1. Wash the pork ribs, dried oysters and Chinese cabbage.
2. Cut the conch into bite-sized pieces.
3. In a large pot, add 2 litres of water then place the pork ribs, dried oysters and conch into the pot and over medium fire let it boil for one to one and a half hours. In between, skim off the stuff that coagulates and floats to the surface. This is to enable the soup to look nice and clear.
4. Add in the Chinese cabbage last, i.e. about 5 minutes before time or if you prefer your Chinese cabbage soft, then 10 minutes or longer.
5. Season with salt and serve hot.