Clay-Pot Chicken with Mushrooms and Bamboo Shoot 雙冬滑鸡煲
Recipe Source : Chopsticks Recipes Cookbook : Chinese Casseroles
50g shitake mushrooms
250g bamboo shoot
3 slices ginger
1 shallot (minced)
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 sprig spring onion (sectioned)
2 tsp shao shing wine
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp dark soy sauce
Dissolve in 1 Chinese rice bowl of chicken stock
How to Marinate the Chicken
-Marinate chicken with 1 tbsp ginger juice, 1 tbsp shao shing wine and 1 tbsp cornflour
-Parboil in oil, drain and set aside.
How to Marinate the Mushrooms
-Wash again and squeeze dry again and marinate with 2 Chinese soup spoon of oil, 2 tbsp shao shing wine, 2 tsp sugar and1 tsp light soy sauce.
N.B. Mix the 4 marinade ingredients in a large bowl and stir thoroughly before adding in the mushrooms and mix well. Set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Heat 2 tbsp oil in the clay-pot till hot. Reduce to medium heat, add shallot, garlic and ginger and stir-fry till fragrant
3. Add chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms and bamboo shoot and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
5. Add the chicken stock with the dissolved seasonings and stir thoroughly.
6. Cover the clay-pot with the lid and let it cook for another 10 to 15 minutes. In fact, after cooking with the lid covered for 5 minutes, stir the contents to make sure that they do not stick to the bottom of the clay-pot.
7. Garnish with sectioned spring onion and serve hot.
N.B. When cooking with clay-pots the chances of the contents sticking to the bottom of the clay-pot are very high. Therefore, you need to check it periodically.
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #28 : Chicken Feast (February 2013)
hosted by SSB of Small Small Baker