Fusion Pizza 比萨
A freshly baked pizza
I first learnt to make pizza after reading Flavours magazine in 1994. The recipe featured in that article required ingredients which were not familiar to me back then. Furthermore, I was uncertain how those foreign ingredients named in that recipe would taste like and I was not sure where I could buy them from. Yet, I was eager to turn my hand to making pizza. So, I followed the featured recipe for the pizza dough and I used local ingredients for the toppings combined with tomatoes and cheese. Over the years, I have made adjustments to my original version to suit my family's taste buds. The result is just fabulous!
Ingredients For Pizza Dough
350g high protein flour
15g dry yeast
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 tsp salt
150 ml to 200 ml of warm water
1. Mix the yeast and flour together
2. Dissolve the salt in the warm water and add in the oil
3. Add No. 1 and No. 2 together to form a dough.
4. Mix well and knead the dough for about 10 minutes
5. Brush a bowl with oil, put the kneaded dough into the bowl and cover it with a damp towel and leave it in a warm place for about 1 hour.
6. The dough should rise to double of its original volume.
Ingredients For Minced Curry Pork Topping
350g minced pork
1 stalk of Chinese celery or kan choy in Cantonese, cut into 2 cm sections
2 tbsp of curry powder
1 tbsp of minced garlic
1/2 Chinese rice bowl of water
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of sugar
2 tbsp of cooking oil
A dash of pepper
1 tsp cornflour mix with1 tbsp water in a bowl
Instruction For Cooking the Minced Curry Pork
1. Heat a wok. Add in the cooking oil
2. Add in the minced garlic and saute until light brown and fragrant
3. Add in the minced pork and stir-fry until the minced pork is broken up
4. Add in the curry powder
5. Add in the 1/2 bowl of water
6. Stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes
7. Add in the cut Chinese celery, salt, sugar and pepper
8. When the water has almost dried up, add in the cornflour solution to thicken
9. Dish up and set aside
This is how the topping should look like
Additional Ingredient For Pizza Topping
1 large tomato
1/2 a can of pineapples
150g of Parmesan cheese
Note : You can add a combination of Parmesan cheese and Mozzarella cheese for that extra cheesy flavour.
Tomato - cut the tomato into slices of 2 mm each
Marinate the tomato slices in 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce and 1 tsp of sugar
Pineapple - use only 1/2 a can of the canned pineapple.
Cut each cube of pineapple into 3 thinner slices
Shredded Parmesan cheese
Step-by-Step Instruction to Make The Pizza
1. Set the oven at 200 degree Celsius
2. Roll out the pizza dough into round or oval shape to your own preference
3. Place the rolled out pizza dough onto a baking tray which has been brushed with oil or butter to prevent the base of the pizza from sticking to the pan
4. Spread the cooked curry pork onto the rolled out pizza
5. Next, place the cut tomatoes and pineapples on top of the minced curry pork
6. Spread the Parmesan cheese on the topmost layer
7. Place the baking tray into the oven and bake at 200 degree Celsius for 25 to 30 minutes
The rolled out pizza with the minced curry pork at the bottom.
Arrange the marinated tomato slices and thinly sliced pineapple cubes on top
Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top. It's now ready for baking
My youngest son was getting impatient waiting for SK to take a snap of this slice of great tasting pizza
Yum! Looks delicious! Do you know the nutritional value or Weight Watcher points? By adding your recipes to www.myrecipemagic.com YOU CAN! Just by putting in your recipes, you can know the nutrition facts and get more people to your site! It's a fun and easy way to earn a little extra cash! Hope to see you there!ReplyDelete
Hi Six Sisters,ReplyDelete
I'll try to take part on a later date. And thanks for your invitation.