Cookies : Pineapple Jam Melting Moments 黄梨曲奇
A plate of pretty golden rosettes topped with pineapple jam
I was searching for cookie recipes which use pineapple jam when I came across this recipe which mentioned about using 'bake-stable' jam. I suppose that meant the jam will not melt and can retain its shape at high temperatures during baking.
50g icing sugar
250g plain flour
150g pineapple jam
You can read up my previous post on making pineapple jam
1. Preheat oven at 160C.
2. Beat butter and icing sugar until creamy.
3. Add in the sifted flour until well combined. Do not over mix the dough.
4. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag with a fluted nozzle or use a cookie press to pipe rosettes into tiny patty cases until the patty cases are three-quarter full. Arrange the patty cases onto a baking tray.
5. Pinch a small amount of pineapple jam and roll into a small ball about the size of a green pea.
6. Put the ball of pineapple jam onto of the rosette/dough.
7. Repeat the process until all the dough and pineapple jam are used up.
8. Place the baking tray into a preheated oven and bake at 160C for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden.
Beat the butter and icing sugar by hand using a large mixing bowl and a long wooden spoon
Using a cookie press to pipe rosettes into patty cases
Looks pretty and tasty too!