A popular snack anytime of the day
Popcorn is a popular snack eaten by many while watching movies . Those that you buy outside cinemas are expensive and not very tasty.
Ever since eating home-made popcorn, my children won't go for the store-bought ones anymore. You can try making it at home too!
2/3 cup corn kernels
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 cup sugar
1 thick slice butter ( about 3/4 cm ) - optional
2. Pour in the corn kernels and stir-fry for 1 or 2 minutes
3. Cover the wok immediately with a tight fitting lid
4.. The corn kernels will popping for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Let the popping continue until it stops
6. Remove the corn kernels which have popped open
7. Use a clean wok, pour in the sugar and the slice of butter, if you are using butter
8. Using very slow fire, cook the sugar until it caramelises and turn brown.
9. Switch off the flame
10. Add in the corn kernels to coat with the caramelised sugar and mix evenly
11. Let it cool down before eating.
Top : butter, use about a 3/4 cm slice
Bottom left : corn kernels. Bottom right : sugar
The corn kernels which have popped open
Post a Comment