Fried Vermicelli With Crab 米粉炒螃蟹
Exceptionally good !
My family and I first tasted this fried vermicelli crab at a seaside restaurant in Kuala Selangor. It was very good but it cost me a bomb. So when we got home, we replicated it. It was so much cheaper and equally good !
2 medium-size crabs ( clean and cut up into four piece, use something hard to crack the pincers)
250g choy sum ( wash and clean )
200g dried vermicelli ( soak in water until soft, drain and set aside )
4 tbsp cooking oil
2 tbsp minced garlic
10g ginger ( sliced thinly )
2 tbsp of abalone sauce
1 tbsp of oyster sauce
2 tbsp of black soy sauce
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp m.s.g
Dissolve the sauce ingredients in 1 Chinese rice bowl of water
Instructions To Boil The Choy Sum
1. In a pot, add in 1 litre of water and 1/2 tsp of lye water ( kan sui in Cantonese )
2. Bring it to a boil
3. Add in the choy sum and let it simmer for 1 minute
4. Drain, rinse with fresh water and set aside
1. In a wok, add 4 tbsp of oil and fry the minced garlic and ginger slices until light brown and fragrant
2. Add in the crabs and use medium fire to fry until nearly cooked
3. Add in the sauce ingredients and let it boil for 5 minutes. ( Use more water if necessary )
4. Dish up the crabs only and set them aside. Leave the gravy in the wok
5. Add in the choy sum and let it simmer for 1 minute. Dish up and set aside.Leave the gravy in the wok.
6. Add in the vermicelli and use a pair of bamboo chopsticks to stir the vermicelli over medium fire until it is nearly dry and begin sticking to the wok. (Note: test the vermicelli to see if it is soft enough otherwise add a little more water and continue stirring)
7. Dish up the vermicelli on a big plate.
8. Arrange the crabs and choy sum around the vermicelli
You can replicate it too !
Post a Comment