Monday 26 November 2012

Soy Sauce Hard Tail Scad (Cincaru) Fish 酱油硬尾鱼

Soy Sauce Hard Tail Scad (Cincaru) Fish 酱油硬尾鱼

 

 Fragrant Hard Tail (cincaru) fish in hot soya sauce is rather appetising


When I was young I disliked the hard tail scad fish because it has a dark coloured strip of flesh across its body. As a kid back then, I refused to eat the darker band of flesh. I ate only the whitish parts. As I grew older I began to like the whole fish and now I eat all parts of the fish.

It was ironic that when I cooked this dish for the family years ago, my youngest son YS said exactly the same things I did long time ago. He complained and fussed about the band of dark coloured flesh and refused to eat it!

Today, when SK cooked this cincaru fish, YS, who is now fifteen years old, loves the dish! He polished off the whole fish leaving only the head and the bones! Well, I guess, Like mother, like son!



Ingredients

 

2 cincaru fish
10g small chilli padi ( chopped )
2 tbsp minced garlic
3 tbsp cooking oil
1 1/2 Chinese soup spoons of soy sauce
1 Chinese rice bowl of water
Enough oil for frying the fish



Instructions

 

The cincaru fish fried until crispy



1.  In a wok, use enough oil to fry the cincaru fish until light brown and crispy over medium flame
2.  Dish up and set aside
3.  In a clean wok heat 3 tbsp of cooking oil and stir-fry the minced garlic till light brown and fragrant
4.  Add 1 Chinese rice bowl of water and bring it to the boil
5.  Add in the fried fish and the chopped chili padi and let it simmer for 3 minutes
6.  Lastly, add in the 1 1/2 Chinese soup spoons of soy sauce and let it simmer for another minute
7.  Dish up and serve immediately












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...