Stir-Fried Shimeji Mushrooms, Snow Peas & Tofu 白玉菇甜豆炒豆腐
Crunchy snow peas and mushrooms go well with the tofu
1 box Shimeji mushrooms ( about 150g )
140g snow peas
1 tbsp minced garlic
4 tbsp cooking oil
Raw snow peas. String it (remove the edge) before use.
Two cubes of soft tofu
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Shao Hsing wine
1 tsp cornflour
1 Chinese rice bowl of water
Mix all the seasoning ingredients together in a bowl
2. Heat up the 4 tbsp cooking oil in a wok until very hot. Fry the tofu squares until golden brown. You need to fry the tofu in 2 separate batches. Remove the fried tofu and place them in a large plate.
3. Remove the excess oil used for frying the tofu, leaving only about 2 tbsp in the wok.
4. Add the minced garlic and saute until light brown and fragrant
5. Add in the Shimeji mushrooms and snow peas and stir-fry for 2 minutes over high heat
6. Pour in the seasoning ingredients and let it simmer for 2 to 3 minutes
7. Dish up the Shimeji mushrooms and snow peas and pour them over the fried tofu
8. Ready to serve