Chicken White Meat Fried With Shallots & Ginger
Surprise! surprise! a new dish is created
SK bought three chicken carcasses with the intention of making chicken stock. But then he noticed that the carcasses still have got a substantial amount of white meat left on them. Not wanting to be wasteful, he cut out much of the white meat into cubes and try to come out with a new dish. When it comes to eating chicken, not many people like the white meat, as it is wooden and dry, unlike the wings and thighs. So, a way was figured out to cook it and turn it into a great tasting dish. Hope you like it.
The chicken white meat after deep-frying
300g of cubed chicken white meat
30g of shallots, sliced thinly
1 tsp of minced ginger
1 Chinese rice bowl of cooking oil for deep-frying the chicken cubes
2 tbsp of cooking oil
1 tbsp of Shao Hsing wine
an egg (beaten)
4 tsp of cornflour
2 tbsp of oyster sauce
1 tsp of sugar
1 tsp of salt, or to taste
1 Chinese rice bowl of water
Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl
1. Mix the chicken cubes with the marinade and marinate them for 15 minutes
2. Heat wok and add in the rice bowl of cooking oil
3. Heat the oil until very hot, add in the marinated chicken cubes
4. Use a pair of bamboo chopsticks to stir the chicken cubes while deep-frying
5. Fry the chicken cubes until they are light brown in colour
6. Dish up and set aside.
7. Remove the oil from the wok
8. In a clean wok, add 2 tbsp of cooking oil
9. Add in the sliced shallots and minced ginger
10.Saute until fragrant
11. Add in the sauce ingredients and bring it to a boil. Add more water if necessary.
12. Add in the deep fried chicken cubes and let it simmer for 3 to 5 minutes
13. Dish up and serve.
|SK's latest creation|