Pork Belly With Potatoes
This dish is posted upon my daughter's special request.
My daughter works in Singapore. She misses home-cooked food. She called me yesterday for this recipe and how to go about cooking it. She called again this morning to informed that she had tried cooking this dish but somehow it tasted different from mine. Well, here is the recipe.
400g pork belly
1 big onion
1 Chinese rice bowl of cooking oil for deep frying
1 tsp cornflour
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp dark soya sauce
1 tsp salt, or to taste
2 tsp sugar
1 1/2 Chinese rice bowls of water
Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a large bowl. Set aside for later use
|Sliced onions, marinated pork belly and potato wedges|
|Deep-fried potato wedges|
1. Cut the pork belly into thin slices
2. Marinate the pork slices with the pork marinade for 15 minutes.
3. Set aside
4. Cut off both ends of the big onion. Remove the skin.
5. Cut the big onion into 2 halves and cut them into thin slices.
6. Peel potatoes and cut them into wedges
1. Add in the bowl of cooking oil into a wok and heat until hot
2. Add in the potatoes wedges to deep fry until golden color
3. Remove and set aside
4. Remove part of the oil from deep frying the potatoes, leaving behind 4 tbsp of the oil in the wok
5. Heat the 4 tbsp of oil in the wok until hot
6. Add in the sliced onions and fry for 2 minutes until the onions are slightly soft
7. Push the fried onions aside to one corner of the wok
8. Add in the marinated pork belly pieces and fry until color changes to whitish
9. Then stir-fry the pork belly and onion together briskly to mix evenly
10. Add in the sauce ingredients and the deep-fried potatoes and let it boil and simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes. Add more water if need be.
11. It's ready once the gravy is almost dry and potatoes are soft but not mushy
12. Dish up, sprinkle some deep-fried lard cubes on top and serve