Dried White Chinese Cabbage Soup
Dried white Chinese cabbage has lots of fibre and it is good for those who are suffering from constipation. It is also believed to be able to cleanse the blood and quenches thirst.
350g pork ribs
50g dried Chinese cabbage
40g dried oysters
6 red dates, pitted
1 tbsp wolfberries or kei chee in Cantonese
2 litres water
2 tsp salt, or to taste
Dried oysters and dried white Chinese cabbage
Wolfberries and red dates
1. Add hot water to the dried white cabbage and soak it for at least 3 hours
2. Once the white cabbage has soften, wash the leaves and remove any sand or other impurities by spreading the leaves gently
3. Squeeze off the water from the white cabbage and cut into sections of 4 cm
4. Wash the dried oysters and soak them in water for 1 hour
5. Wash the pork ribs
6. Rinse the red dates and wolfberries in water.
7. Put all the ingredients into a pot
8. Add in the water
9. Boil for 2 hours
10. As it boils, add more water as and when necessary as water would have evaporated and also skim off the scum that floats to the surface
11. The soup is ready after 2 hours.
12. Add in the salt and stir well to mix