Stir-Fried Kai Lan In Oyster Sauce 蚝油芥蓝
300g kai lan
2 tbsp cooking oil
1/2 tsp lye water ( kan-sui )
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp salt, or to taste
2 tsp sugar
1 rice bowl of water
Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl
1. Remove the old and yellow leaves of the Kai Lan. Cut into two. Cut away the hard outer coverings of the stems and slice them thinly.
2. Wash the Kai Lan and drain away the water
3. Boil 1.5 litres of water and add in the 1/2 tsp of lye water
4. Add in the kai lan and let it boil for 1 minute
5. Drain away all the water which had turned yellow
6. Rinse the par-boiled kai lan with water
7. Drain away the water
8. In a wok, heat 2 tbsp of cooking oil until hot
9. Add in the minced garlic and stir-fry until light brown and fragrant
10. Add in the sauce ingredients and let it boil, then add in the par-boiled kai lan
11. Stir well and fry for another minute.
12. Dish up.